Friday, March 16, 2007

PUSGUT MUST EAT FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE PLATE

Anonymous said...
You are promoting sodomy so much, you must have a personal interest.
16 March, 2007 12:41
BaconEating AtheistJew said...
Promoting sodomy? I'm promoting equal rights. I'm promoting science.If you can't handle the truth, jump off the planet.
16 March, 2007 13:00
AngloAmerican said...
I am a champion of the gay cause, even though I have no close friends who are gay (that I know of), and I don't have one gay bone in my body. This is an interesting way to start this post Bacon. That’s a pretty grand word ‘champion’ and then the admission that you don’t associate with gay people and a quick and really quite unnecessary defence of your manliness by claiming you are 100% hetero (although the word bone gave me a Freudian speed wobble). It’s as if you fear being labelled gay and go to some pains to clearly state that you are not, as if, ..as if, there may be something possibly shameful about it. Yet clearly it is not shameful because , like, uhh sheep do it all the time…. Otherwise why mention your own sexual orientation or mention it so categorically? I’ve been mulling over a theory that if one doesn’t actually participate in a certain activity one doesn’t really respect it. For an example I believe the Islamics think this way and in a theoretical way I agree with them. You can say you respect a religion but then if you do not practice its tenets is that really respect? No it is not, it is merely tolerance. Islamics regard mere tolerance as about as bad as outright hostility. A lot of people claim they respect things when all they mean is that they don’t show any public hostility toward it. Private thoughts may be another matter. Even private thoughts that are ambivalent toward something are not the same as respect. Just a thought.If you are anything like me the mere thought of caressing a hairy, muscle bound body sends a shudder down your spine which is just another way of saying I “don’t have one gay bone in my body”. With this understanding of my own feelings I would hesitate to think of myself as a worthy of the label “champion of the gay cause”.I dunno, what do others think?
16 March, 2007 13:13
Gert said...
All:It may sound counterintuitive but there may well be a genetic component to homosexuality. Sexual orientation is a complex human trait, likely to be affected by multiple genes, rather than just one 'switch'. That can lead to some unexpected, thoroughly 'unmendelian' genetic interactions. Gays make up 5 - 10% of the population and that would fit well with a complex rule of genetic inheritance. In such a scenario it is perfectly possible (but not very likely) for a straight couple to have gay offspring. Some genetic traits have a tendency to jump 2, 4 sometimes 8 generations.Also, being gay doesn't necessarily mean not having the desire to have offspring: many gay men and women do have children, in various arrangements.But I agree with Beep x2: whether or not it's 'natural' is rather beside the point. Those who claim it's 'unnatural' or 'immoral' usually fashion their definitions to fit their dislikes: religiously inspired homophobia is a typical example. Religious homophobes hide behind their Imaginary Friend to justify what they feel is distasteful, even 'filthy', hence also the many connotations with paedophilia. They forget however that there are also straight abusers of children and that some abusers don't seem to make the distinction between the sexes at all: any victim will suit them.What two consenting adults do with their sex life falls outside the realm of morality: how can something be immoral when no-one gets hurt or harmed?Lastly, it is true that homosexuality is rife in the animal kingdom, to me that's clear evidence that homosexuality can almost never be 'instilled' in a person, with exception perhaps of the most horrible cases of abuse.
16 March, 2007 13:21
Rickey said...
Yeah, your'e a regular MLK
16 March, 2007 14:34
BaconEating AtheistJew said...
AA, I just wanted to give my readers the perspective from where I am coming from. The beginning statement isn't a Beatles song where you play it backwards to find other meanings.And I don't avoid gay people to associate with, maybe they avoid me:)
16 March, 2007 14:56

No comments: